What we do
South Kerry Skillnet, a regional, multi-sectoral network was established in 1991 to promote and support the Development of sustainable and vibrant communities in the south Kerry area.
South Kerry Skillnet’s promoter organisation is South Kerry Development Partnership CLG (SKDP) which is a local area Development company.
South Kerry Skillnet’s aim is to support business and enterprise in County Kerry. We present businesses, their management and staff with excellent opportunities to improve skills through top class training and support.
Businesses also benefit through new knowledge acquired, networking with other businesses and looking for collaboration opportunities to improve business performance that would otherwise be beyond their individual reach.
The network is supported and guided by a dynamic Steering Group, with representation across multiple sectors including Agriculture , Financial services, Childcare, Pharmaceutical , Hospitality and Tourism.
What we do
- South Kerry Skillnet facilitate subsidised training placing a strong focus on providing development opportunities that are relevant to the needs of employees and enterprises in South Kerry
- South Kerry Skillnet engages with its member companies on an ongoing basis to ensure that our evolving portfolio of training courses are designed to meet the learning needs of enterprise
- Our catalogue of courses, with a focus on transversal and cross-sector skills, together with our suite of accredited programmes all develop employee skills, employability and mobility as well as contributing to overall effectiveness competitiveness of enterprise in the South Kerry region
- South Kerry Skillnet offers training courses in the following areas: Agriculture, Healthcare, Hospitality, Management Development, Hairdressing, Financial Services, Pharmaceutical
Support all your business learning and development needs by sourcing subsidised quality training and facilitating regional networking.
- To act as the main point of contact to meet current & future skills needs of our member companies
- To promote lifelong learning in region.
Enhancing management capacity, particularly in SMEs, is key priority for all Skillnet Ireland networks. In addition to the programmes our network delivers, Skillnet Ireland has a suite of Management Development Programmes available to help business owners and managers improve business performance and enable businesses achieve better results. Click here for more information on the Skillnet Ireland website.
South Kerry Skillnet has received funding from Skillnet Ireland for training courses through the Employment Activation Programme (EAP) initiative in 2018. The EAP is a 100% government funded initiative aimed solely at training unemployed people. It provides skills which are in demand by industry, combined with direct access to employers through securing a work placement.
For full details, please Download Employment Activation Programme